[gridengine users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Problem compiling Grid engine on Solaris

Geilow, John jrgeilo at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 21 18:23:07 UTC 2011


Yes the _STACK fix that problem. Thanks

Now it stop at this
cc -DSGE_ARCH_STRING=\"sol-amd64\" -Xc -v -fast -xchip=generic -xcache=generic -xarch=sse2 -m64 -ftrap=division -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DHAS_SOCKLEN_T -DLOAD_OPENSSL -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.2/include//usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.2/include -DTARGET_64BIT  -DSPOOLING_dynamic -DSECURE -I/usr/include/openssl/include -DSOLARIS -DSOLARISAMD64 -D__EXTENSIONS__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -DGETHOSTBYNAME_R5 -DGETHOSTBYADDR_R7 -DUSE_POLL -errwarn=%all  -DCOMPILE_DC -D__SGE_COMPILE_WITH_GETTEXT__  -D__SGE_NO_USERMAPPING__ -DTHREADBINDING -DHWLOC -I../common -I../libs -I../libs/uti -I../libs/juti -I../libs/gdi -I../libs/japi -I../libs/sgeobj -I../libs/cull -I../libs/rmon -I../libs/comm -I../libs/comm/lists -I../libs/sched -I../libs/evc -I../libs/evm -I../libs/mir -I../libs/lck -I../daemons/common -I../daemons/qmaster -I../daemons/execd -I../daemons/schedd -I../clients/common -I. -I/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/include -I/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/include/solaris -I/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_26/jre/include -I/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_26/jre/include/solaris -I/root/GE2011.11/source/3rdparty/hwloc/hwloc-1.2.2/include/ -I/root/GE2011.11/source/3rdparty/hwloc/hwloc-1.2.2/SOLARISAMD64/include -KPIC -c ../libs/spool/berkeleydb/sge_bdb.c
"../libs/spool/berkeleydb/sge_bdb.c", line 207: undefined symbol: DB_RPCCLIENT
"../libs/spool/berkeleydb/sge_bdb.c", line 271: undefined struct/union member: set_rpc_server
"../libs/spool/berkeleydb/sge_bdb.c", line 271: function designator is not of function type
"../libs/spool/berkeleydb/sge_bdb.c", line 271: improper pointer/integer combination: op "="
"../libs/spool/berkeleydb/sge_bdb.c", line 329: cannot recover from previous errors
cc: acomp failed for ../libs/spool/berkeleydb/sge_bdb.c
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sge_bdb.o'
not done

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse Becker [mailto:beckerjes at mail.nih.gov] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:13 AM
To: Rayson Ho
Cc: Geilow, John; users at gridengine.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gridengine users] Problem compiling Grid engine on Solaris

I actually just ran into this problem recently on a Fedora 15 box.

The problem, as I understand it, is that openssl 1.0.0 deprecates "STACK" in favor of "STACK_OF".  However, I don't think that it is a drop-in replacement (I've not looked deeply into this though).  You can use "_STACK", and I that fixes this particular compile issue.  

Older versions of openssl do not have this problem.


On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:55:04PM -0500, Rayson Ho wrote:
>Hi John,
>
>Looks like your SSL library defines "_STACK" instead of "STACK". Can 
>you change "STACK" to "_STACK" on line 238, 239, 1703, 1710 etc and see 
>if it compiles??
>
>I recall some versions of SSL library caused this issue, and if 
>changing "STACK" to "_STACK" does not work, then please let me know the 
>version of your SSL library and I will try to reproduce it on my 
>machines.
>
>Rayson
>
>
>
>On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Geilow, John <jrgeilo at sandia.gov> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to compile and I am running into a problem I cannot figure out. 
>> I have already work through 4 other issues, but this one I do not 
>> understand what need to be  change in the file.
>>
>> Here is the error.
>> cc -DSGE_ARCH_STRING=\"sol-amd64\" -Xc -v -fast -xchip=generic 
>> -xcache=generic -xarch=sse2 -m64 -ftrap=division 
>> -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DHAS_SOCKLEN_T -DLOAD_OPENSSL 
>> -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.2/include//usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.2/include
>> -DTARGET_64BIT  -DSPOOLING_dynamic -DSECURE 
>> -I/usr/include/openssl/include -DSOLARIS -DSOLARISAMD64 
>> -D__EXTENSIONS__ -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L
>> -DGETHOSTBYNAME_R5 -DGETHOSTBYADDR_R7 -DUSE_POLL -errwarn=%all  
>> -DCOMPILE_DC -D__SGE_COMPILE_WITH_GETTEXT__  -D__SGE_NO_USERMAPPING__ 
>> -DTHREADBINDING -DHWLOC -I../common -I../libs -I../libs/uti 
>> -I../libs/juti -I../libs/gdi -I../libs/japi -I../libs/sgeobj 
>> -I../libs/cull -I../libs/rmon -I../libs/comm -I../libs/comm/lists 
>> -I../libs/sched -I../libs/evc -I../libs/evm -I../libs/mir 
>> -I../libs/lck -I../daemons/common -I../daemons/qmaster -I../daemons/execd -I../daemons/schedd -I../clients/common -I.
>> -I/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/include
>> -I/usr/jdk/instances/jdk1.6.0/include/solaris
>> -I/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_26/jre/include
>> -I/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_26/jre/include/solaris
>> -I/root/GE2011.11/source/3rdparty/hwloc/hwloc-1.2.2/include/
>> -I/root/GE2011.11/source/3rdparty/hwloc/hwloc-1.2.2/SOLARISAMD64/incl
>> ude -KPIC -c ../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c 
>> "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 238: no explicit type given 
>> "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 238: syntax error before or 
>> at: * "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 239: no explicit type 
>> given "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 239: syntax error 
>> before or at: * "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 239: undefined or missing type for:
>> int
>> "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 1703: no explicit type given 
>> "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 1703: syntax error before or 
>> at: * "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 1710: no explicit type 
>> given "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 1710: syntax error 
>> before or at: * "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 1950: only 
>> "register" valid as formal parameter storage class 
>> "../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c", line 1950: cannot recover from 
>> previous errors
>> cc: acomp failed for ../libs/comm/cl_ssl_framework.c
>> *** Error code 2
>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl_ssl_framework.o'
>> not done
>>
>> If someone could point to the fix, I would really appreciate.
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users at gridengine.org
>> https://gridengine.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>
>
>_______________________________________________
>users mailing list
>users at gridengine.org
>https://gridengine.org/mailman/listinfo/users

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)






More information about the users mailing list