[gridengine users] Any way to limit "qsub -sync y" jobs per user?

Patterson, Ron (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] patterso at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Jun 3 11:49:04 UTC 2011

Thanks for all of this good information. I'm going to take a user education approach here and try to get the small group users doing this to rewrite their job processing to use batch mode submissions, or use DRMAA. Speaking of DRMAA, we've also had badly implemented DRMAA clients written which create a new session for every job, only because the developers did not understand that a single DRMAA connection to the master can submit/control lots of jobs. Again, this is more of a user education issue.

I think if it's possible, adding more granular control over this would be very helpful. Being able to write a server side JSV which could enforce a per user limit would be great. Even better would be to have the ability to limit these connections per user as a qmaster_params option, similar to the cluster wide MAX_DYN_EC limit (e.g. USER_MAX_DYN_EC).

Thanks again,
Ron