[gridengine users] dbwriter question and SGE6.2u5

Allan Tran tran.v.allan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:48:52 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Our dbwriter crashes very often with java out memory error, we running
SGE 6.2 on RHEL5.6. I read about this a while ago and see that lots of
people having the same issue. I tried to increase the Java heap size but
doesn't seem to help.
I was thinking about upgrading to 6.2u5
(http://bioteam.net/dag/gridengine-courtesy-binaries/), but I cant find
the arco stuff. Will that fixes the dbwriter issue? Any suggestion?
Also there seems to be 2 version of the binary: ge-8.0alpha and sge
-6.2u5_PLUS, so what are the differences of the 2?
Regards,
Allan