[gridengine users] dbwriter question and SGE6.2u5

William Bryce bbryce at univa.com
Fri Jun 3 14:55:21 UTC 2011

Hi Allen,

Chris' web page does actually say what the difference is between the two binaries.  They are built from different Grid Engine repositories.  ge-8.0alpha is built from the GitHub repository that Univa created and manages.  This is the 'open core' of Grid Engine used to create Univa Grid Engine (UGE contains some proprietary enhancements but requires this core).  The Other version comes from the Son Of Grid Engine project https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE.  That repository is different than the Univa Repo and contains (I think) a different set of fixes.

Finally.  I'm not sure if either one fixes the Java out of memory issues.

Regards,

Bill.