[gridengine users] Web based forums

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue Jun 7 09:40:40 UTC 2011

Hi Rich,

The most active people on the list who provide the most support almost
unanimously hate web forums and having to use a web browser to
communicate so I don't think forums are in the future ...

We don't expect users to download and search .gzip files, my preferred
method is to use excellent email list sites like http://markmail.org/
which have excellent archive and search features. Of course I don't
think we are indexed in there just yet.

Longer term I'd expect you to find our list and archives showing up in
google for general searches and at places like http://markmail.org/ for
more specific stuff. I'm one of the people who does some of the
housekeeping and infrastructure stuff and this has been on my to-do list
forever. Places like markmail make it easy to import old list archives
as well so we won't have any gaps in the record once we manage to get in.

-Chris