[gridengine users] Any way to limit "qsub -sync y" jobs per user?

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Jun 7 13:20:44 UTC 2011

"Patterson, Ron (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <patterso at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov> writes:

> I think if it's possible, adding more granular control over this would
> be very helpful. Being able to write a server side JSV which could
> enforce a per user limit would be great.
> Even better would be to have
> the ability to limit these connections per user as a qmaster_params
> option, similar to the cluster wide MAX_DYN_EC limit
> (e.g. USER_MAX_DYN_EC).

I don't know if/how that could be made to work, and it seems fairly specialized

One possibility, in case of a single submit host with a suitable
firewall (e.g. iptables on recent linux), might be user-specific
firewalling.  I suspect there's anough in it to limit connexions to a
specific port by user, but I'm not an iptables wiz.

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist