[gridengine users] thread values in $SGE_CELL/common/bootstrap

William Bryce bbryce at univa.com
Wed Jun 8 13:57:56 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,

Normally you don't change these parameters but if you are experiencing performance issues with 'qstat' or general unresponsiveness you can increase the
number of listener_threads or worker_threads.  We have increased them to match the number of cores in the qmaster machine and this improved things and did not affect the performance of the machine.  The number of scheduler_threads is always 1 (even though it is configurable).

Regards,

Bill.