[gridengine users] Web based forums

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jun 8 15:35:10 UTC 2011

Chris Dagdigian <dag at sonsorol.org> writes:

> Hi Rich,
>
> The most active people on the list who provide the most support almost
> unanimously hate web forums and having to use a web browser to
> communicate so I don't think forums are in the future ...

I tried to get the list gatewayed to the old group on gmane.org but
didn't hear back.  gmane gives web access (maybe not for
posting) and archiving.

> We don't expect users to download and search .gzip files, my preferred
> method is to use excellent email list sites like http://markmail.org/
> which have excellent archive and search features. Of course I don't
> think we are indexed in there just yet.

I don't get on with the interafce to markmail, and it loses
information -- I don't think I could even get past the captcha to
extract sender addresses.

The mailman archives should e indexed in place, and I can get
back on to the system and check the setup.  Else I can
mirror and index them elsewhere.  I guess they should be mirrored
anyhow.  Is anyone already doing that as a backup?

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist