[gridengine users] Which fork?

Fritz Ferstl fferstl at univa.com
Sun Jun 12 07:29:33 UTC 2011

One statement needs clarification, Dave:

> SGE is essentially a superset of UGE.

Univa Grid Engine != https://github.com/gridengine/gridengine
The github repo is the source of the open core of Univa Grid Engine. We
enhance it with proprietary extensions, we build and then extensively QA
it. This is the Univa Grid Engine which Univa supports and for which we
also indemnify customers against legal issues.

What you meant to say I assume, Dave, is that you've done some level of
comparison between the github repo and the Son of Grid Engine repo. It
might help if you detailed what that comparison did entail.

Cheers,

Fritz

--

Fritz Ferstl | CTO and Business Development, EMEA
Univa Corporation <http://www.univa.com/> | The Data Center Optimization