[gridengine users] Which fork?

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 13:40:19 UTC 2011

Fritz Ferstl <fferstl at univa.com> writes:

> One statement needs clarification, Dave:
>
>> SGE is essentially a superset of UGE.
>
> Univa Grid Engine != https://github.com/gridengine/gridengine

Yes, sorry for the carelessness.  However, I think the github source
says UGE/Univa Grid Engine in banners -- one source of merge
conflicts.

> The github repo is the source of the open core of Univa Grid
> Engine.

Is there a suggested shorthand for it?  It would also be useful
to have information on relevnt trademark issues.  I've tried to avoid
them so maybe not giving enough credit.

> What you meant to say I assume, Dave, is that you've done some level
> of comparison between the github repo and the Son of Grid Engine
> repo. It might help if you detailed what that comparison did entail.

Not exactly.  I just merge patches periodically after they appear at
github -- the ones tagged with "from Univa" that I counted before.
(They're not one-to-one with github changesets.)  I've also
checked for anything missed.  Unfortunately it's manual as the
repos didn't start from a common base, and I don't know of a way
to connect them post hoc

I don't know what more can be done for unification/general collaboration,
but am keen to hear.  There isn't even agreement about
what can go on gridengine.org, which is the obvious place for some
things.

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist