[gridengine users] Node with negative value of a consumable

Javier Lopez Cacheiro jlopez at cesga.es
Tue Jun 14 07:50:22 UTC 2011

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your answer.

El 13/06/11 16:31, Dave Love escribió:
> Javier Lopez Cacheiro<jlopez at cesga.es>  writes:
>
>> I don't know if anyone else has come over this same problem with 6.2u5
> I've seen consumables go negative, but when things were too frantic to investigate.
>
>> and if there is a workaround for it.
> Not that I know.  It might be related to
> https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/ticket/793, which I can't remember seeing
> recently and never tried to debug.

Interestingly enough this issue is also related to parallel jobs using a
PE. This was similar to the previous issue with 6.2u1 where using a PE
with the fillup allocation policy lead to unexpected results with
consumables.

In this case the important distinction is that the last job to enter in
execution was a non parallel job.

By the way, we have done some regression testing and verified that the
old bug with PE+fillup and consumables is now solved, so this seems
something different.

Cheers,
Javier