[gridengine users] ignore hostname checking for submit hosts?

Vadim Gutnik gutnik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 19:14:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> Am 15.06.2011 um 20:25 schrieb Vadim Gutnik:
>
>>> how are they submitting jobs - they also mount /home on their remote workstations?
>>>

>> Not /home, usually, but yes, the working directories are mounted.
>
> What about using a local `qsub` wrapper, which will make an ssh in the end:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> CWD=`pwd -P`
> exec ssh login-node "cd $CWD; qsub ${@}"
>
> Depending on your setup it might be necessary to use `pwd -L` instead. With a set up ssh-agent it should work flawlessly. Only pitfall is when you use blanks in any of the arguments.

Well, it's a little clunky, and requires the extra ssh. But then what
about qstat? qhost? All the other sge commands?

This is just a permission thing, right? If gridengine didn't check,
everything would still work, right? So, is there an option
(or configuration or something) to make gridengine allow all submit
hosts, or would I have to find the check in the code,
take it out, and rebuild?

   Vadim