[gridengine users] ignore hostname checking for submit hosts?

Vadim Gutnik gutnik at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:49:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Rayson Ho <rayrayson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Vadim,
>
> Ron changed the code for Framestore a few years ago to do exactly the
> same thing. I can productionize the code and add it to our fork (Open
> Grid Scheduler) and turn it into a supported feature. Also, we can
> make the change available under SISSL for other forks.

That would certainly be helpful, but moving to OGS is nontrivial -- we're using
the ubuntu build (6.2u4, moving to 6.2u5). I don't know if it would be easier to
add patches to the build we have (yes, I've checked that it builds cleanly from
patched ubuntu sources) or to rebuild OGS from scratch. So... any help or
direction would be appreciated. Documented patches are probably the most
helpful. Unless you want to package for ubuntu, of course. :)

   Vadim