[gridengine users] ignore hostname checking for submit hosts?

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:01:28 UTC 2011

OGS 6.2u5 p1 & p2 (and likely the next few releases?) are binary &
protocol compatible with Sun Grid Engine 6.2u5. So you can mix and
match components from the official SGE 6.2u5 release and any OGS
releases -- view OGS as a drop-in replacement for SGE 6.2u5.

For this feature, you will just need to recompile the qmaster binary.
If you have compiled the binaries before, then you can easily get
fixes and features by just switching components between SGE 6.2u5 &
the release after OGS 6.2u5p2 (or p3).

Anyway, if you just want the hack that turns off submit host checking,
I can send the diff to you offline -- I have no problem with sharing
it here, but it really is a security issue and I don't want clusters
from all over the world running insecurely 7x24.

Rayson