[gridengine users] Changing execd mailer/xterm during auto install...

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jun 17 09:04:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am 17.06.2011 um 10:10 schrieb James Abbott:

> The exec hosts in our cluster have the execution daemon setup carried
> out in the %post section of a kickstart installation by running:
>
> ./inst_sge -x -noremote -auto /opt/sge/cluster_template.conf
>
> which works fine, apart from the local settings for the mailer and xterm
> which need to be modified from the default. I can't find how to do this
> documented anywhere. I've tried adding 'EXECD_MAILER_LOCAL' and
> 'XTERM_MAILER_LOCAL' to the template, but that is obviously wrong since
> inst_sge chokes on them. I know I can run a qconf -Mconf after the
> inst_sge, but that requires me to remember to create a conf file when
> adding new nodes.

when I `grep` through $SGE_ROOT/util I can't find them or anything else to set it. Do you need to define these values, as they are different inside the cluster? Otherwise you could just delete all local configurations afterwards and the global one will be used by:

$ qconf -dconf node01

There is also a Howto how to script commands http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/howto/scripting.html which would only popup an editor otherwise (this idea can also be used for `crontab -e`). I made the script more generic:

#!/bin/sh
if [ $PARAMETER ]; then
     sleep 1
     sed -i -e "/^$PARAMETER/s|.*|$PARAMETER $VALUE|" $1
else
     export EDITOR=$0
     export PARAMETER=$2
     export VALUE=$3
     qconf -$1
fi

and call it with:

$ sge.conf.sh mconf mailer /usr/sge/cluster/mailer.sh

In your case you would need to introduce another variable for the name of the host though.

HTH - Reuti