[gridengine users] [SGE-discuss] spool, no information, loss of jobs

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 12:36:33 UTC 2011

baf035 <baf035 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> we are using SoGE rel. 3910 for tests.
> Submited jobs are correcty dispatched but no informations are stored in a
> spool direcrory <SPOOL_DIR>/qmaster/jobs.
>
> In a qmaster messages file are inforamations about missing file/folder at
> the time of ending of job:

Sorry, I can't test multiple hosts just now and I've never got the test
suite working.  I can't see any relevant-looking patches.  What system
is this on, and was it built with -spool-classic?  It would be useful to
know if the version in http://arc.liv.ac.uk/downloads/SGE/testing/,
intended for a release, has the same problem.  Sorry this stuff isn't
well-enough tested, especially that I haven't been able to put it into
production

> A migration of the qmasterd leads to a total lost of job informations. No
> jobs in qstat after the migration.
>
> We have encountered also a case when files in <SPOOL_DIR>/qmaster/jobs are
> correctly created but during
> the migration disappeard without a log in the messages file.

Does `migration' mean shadow master (which I've never used)?

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist