[gridengine users] Changing execd mailer/xterm during auto install...

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 12:48:57 UTC 2011

James Abbott <j.abbott at imperial.ac.uk> writes:

> These values are the same across the cluster, so deleting the local
> configurations seems simplest, and does appear to work fine. Foolishly, I
> assumed that since the local configurations are created, that these were
> actually required.

For what it's worth, if you have a shared spool, the only config the
nodes need is installing/starting execd.

The change from https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/ticket/557 for xterm's
location should be appropriate for the majority of systems, and it is
something the installer should probably deal with.  I assume the malier
default is ok in the absence of wrappers.

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist