[gridengine users] navigating the source (was: ignore hostname checking for submit hosts?)

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Jun 17 13:20:26 UTC 2011

Vadim Gutnik <gutnik at gmail.com> writes:

> Do you happen to know where to start looking in the source?

Apologies if it's more obvious tham I think, but it
normally works to grep the message concerned (or maybe a phrase
when it's composite) to the .h file, and then find usage of the
message cat alogue symbol found.  In this case, you should end up
in libs/comm/cl_communication.c

Other aids as usual are etags maybe using the trivial
<https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/browser/sge/source/scripts/make-tags.sh>
to find definitions, and id-utils to find usage, and possibly
the library autodocs (see <http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/adoc/index.html>, or
build the searchable info  form).

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist