[gridengine users] migrate shadow master in debian/ubuntu?

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jun 22 17:06:27 UTC 2011

Vadim Gutnik <gutnik at gmail.com> writes:

>> Is there any documentation about the changes in these scripts for qmaster and execd noted therein?
>
> I didn't find any. As far as I can tell, in the normal SGE build, the
> -migrate flag is implemented by a set
> of scripts that mostly end up calling qconf -mk hostname;
> /etc/init.d/gridengine-master start or something like that, but I
> didn't go through all the scripts and cases. Debian has completely
> rewritten those scripts; I'm wondering if anyone here
> knows what the suggested procedure is.

(a) Debian/Ubuntu bug (b) get the template e.g. from
http://arc.liv.ac.uk/repos/darcs/sge/source/dist/util/rctemplates/, but
don't remember what edits it needs from installation.  I'd recommend
using the vanilla install scripts, even with a packaged gridengine; the
config stuff in the packages loses, at lest on upgrade, for instance if
you have a non-default cell.

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist