[gridengine users] SGE-6.2u5: "execd went down during job start"

Erik Soyez E.Soyez at science-computing.de
Wed Jun 29 14:07:35 UTC 2011

Good day gridengine users,

it seems that the issue has been solved - in the end it was only
necessary to start "sge_execd" after "nscd".  I still don't quite
understand why the execd dies only when the first job is started
and not directly after startup.  By that time the nscd has already
been running for a while.  It shouldn't die at all anyway though.

Erik Soyez.

On Tue, 24 May 2011, Erik Soyez wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> does anyone else experience dying sge_execds during job starts?
> We get error messages "execd went down during job start" but cannot
> find any reason.  Little test jobs usually do fine and if the execd
> gets restarted manually it seems to keep running, too.  Ideas?

Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,
Dr. Arno Steitz, Dr. Ingrid Zech
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/
Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Philippe Miltin