[gridengine users] dynamic (kindof) computation of complex values

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 21:33:09 UTC 2011

Andreas Kuntzagk <andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure but I vaguely remember having seen something like this
> mentioned on the list before.
> I want to adjust some (consumable) complex depending on physical
> properties of the node.
> So like this pseudo-code for qconf -me:
> complex_values  h_vmem=($mem_total-0.5G)
>
> Is something like this possible?

I do that once-for-all (or until memory gets changed).

If you want it done somehow automatically, and you allow the compute nodes to
be admin hosts, you can configure the host values with an init script of some
sort, maybe as part of the execd one.  That's perhaps more appropriate
than a load sensor in this case

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist