[gridengine users] hedeby install howto?

Fritz Ferstl fferstl at univa.com
Thu Jun 30 06:33:42 UTC 2011

In my role as engineering director at Sun it was me who was supporting
the SDM effort over several years. I did so because I saw this type of
functionality as an absolute necessity for flexible resources management
in future IT environments (with that "future" being mostly here now).

The priorities at Oracle have put an end to SDM/Hedeby development so I
regretfully have to echo Chris's advice below to abstain from using it.
You'll be on your own in case of issues and it's a non-trivial code base.

At Univa we luckily have a product with UniCloud which provides similar
functionality and more. Bill has pointed to a cool example for what can
be accomplished with it but there is more. Basically it supports
private, public and hybrid HPC cloud scenarios.

Cheers,

Fritz