[gridengine users] Where are the open source binaries?

Andrew Fischer pss826 at bangor.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 08:57:05 UTC 2011

>> I'm specifically looking for 64-bit Intel on MacOS X.    I've looked through the last few months of mailing list archives and didn't find an answer.
>>
>> I do have the current source distro, but it would be a lot easier if I had a stable binary.
>
> Well - with Xcode 4 and the change to a different compiler than gcc it might be something to explore. When I get it right the complete make-chain was replaced, but for now I don't intend to buy the new version.

I've spent a few days part-time  trying to build with Xcode 3.25,  and the gnu tools that come with Xcode.    There is a lot to learn, even for someone familiar with gcc, make and shell scripting.     At the moment  it is stopping with a compile error in one of the routines that use BerkeleyDB.   My guess is that the code was written for  bdb 4.4  and I installed BerkeleyDB 5.1.25.

What I'm really trying to do is get FSL ( http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/index.html ) , a brain imaging data tool set, to run on sge.   I'd rather be a user than a developer.

I'll wait a month come back to see where the user community is.    If Univa decides not to  provide a courtesy binary for MacOS, I'll pitch in.

Andrew