[gridengine users] Changing usage_weight_list cpu=1.000000, mem=0.000000, io=0.000000

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 22 10:43:19 UTC 2011

Am 20.03.2011 um 22:23 schrieb Dave Love:

> Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> writes:
>
>> We use a fair share functional policy only regarding the slots, hence
>> the default works. Most of the time the slot count is the limiting
>> factor, not the memory (exceptions apply).
>
> How do you do that?  Is the documentation wrong in saying you can only
> consider CPU, rather than run time?  I'd like to account for jobs which
> tie up resources without burning CPU.

Yeah, you are right. I wonder, whether it could be improved: considering the CPU time is only useful, when you allow oversubscription of nodes with enabled reprioritization (reprioritize and reprioritize_interval setting). Hence the actual usage can be adjusted by changing the nice value. When slots=core without reprioritization is set up, the allocated slot runtime should be used instead. Does it sound feasible?