[gridengine users] write my own accounting log parser..

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri May 6 13:38:15 UTC 2011

Chris Dagdigian <dag at sonsorol.org> writes:

> - the value for dbrwriter is what it does with the reporting file, the
> accounting file AND the new values it derives from those data sets.
> There is a lot to be learned from dbrwriter.
>
> My secret plan was always to keep dbrwriter, the schema and the code
> that loads it into a database. I just wanted to toss the web console and
> replace it with something more simple and useful. Never got far.

Indeed.  There doesn't seem to be an immediate need to replace dbwriter,
and not using the reporting output would be a step backwards.  If it's
purely for accounting, presumably the thing to do would be to use an
existing framework, not concoct another.  Reuti posted an analysis of
the likely issues getting Gold working with GE, but I don't remember
what the they were.

I don't really know how much value there is in a specific web interface,
but there's a reference to a possible basis which I haven't looked at in
detail under https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/ticket/1325.  Also, someone
suggested it might be possible to replace webconsole fairly easily with
something Tomcat-based, if you're prepared to take on the Java baggage.