[gridengine users] Shell environment in PEs

Esztermann, Ansgar Ansgar.Esztermann at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu May 12 08:14:30 UTC 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 18:11 , Reuti wrote:

> What about "adjusting" the file for the environment in the spool
> directory of the job by start_proc_args? For each job there is a
> directory on the master node of the parallel job and inside the to be
> changed file <exec_spool_dir>/<exechost>/active_jobs/
> <job_id>.<task_id>/environment.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

> To distribute it to the slave nodes the `qrsh -inherit -V` can do it.

That's probably not even necessary -- the problem at hand is that with OMP_NUM_THREADS unset, (some) jobs will grab an entire node even if assigned just a few CPUs. However, our PEs are set up with allocation_rules of $pe_slots or n (where n is the number of cores on the node), so multi-node jobs never have to share any of their nodes.

A.

--
Ansgar Esztermann
DV-Systemadministration