[gridengine users] limit # cores used within host group, user_set?

Mark Suhovecky suhovecky at nd.edu
Thu May 19 20:14:51 UTC 2011

Dave-

Thanks- this is exactly what I need.

If my SGE installation has never used rqs before, How do I enable it?
I ask because I wrote a test:

qconf -srqs econ_mushovec
{
   name         econ_mushovec
   description  NONE
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        users {msuhovec} hosts {@econ_d8copt_24G} to slots=48
}

I believe this to read "limit user msuhovec (that's me) to 48 slots within hostgroup @econ_d8copt_24G"

Trying it, I am able to request and run more than 48 cores from machines within that hostgroup, so I didn't get something right.

Thanks,

Mark