[gridengine users] CPU = WALLCLOCK time in the share tree policy ?

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue May 24 13:35:25 UTC 2011

..._RESERVED_USAGE are at least badly documented.  When I came across
them I interpreted `reserved' to mean resource reservation, i.e. the
overhead from doing that.  I'll fix the doc; does anyone have a good
suggestion for a better description?  I'm inclined to say `available
resources' and explain further.  I haven't got round to checking, but I
assume what's used for cpu is running time multiplied by slot count;
anyone know what's used for io, which is specifically mentioned?

Also, I wonder why SHARETREE_RESERVED_USAGE is deprecated, as it seems
more useful default.

--
Excuse the typping -- I have a broken wrist