[gridengine users] AR "no suitable queues" issue

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 24 16:07:10 UTC 2011

Am 24.05.2011 um 15:33 schrieb Dave Love:

> Mark Dixon <m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Ah, I see - "qrsub -a 201106012000 -d 12:0:0 -w v" gives me lots of
>> messages about "Your job does not request 'forced' resource "h_rt" of
>> queue instance". Great - I hadn't realised it was there.
>>
>> Sorry Reuti, what issue do you want me to file? That "-w v" perhaps
>> ought
>> to be the default for qrsub?
>
> Maybe just adding a message to suggest re-running with -w v would be
> useful?

When I think about it: maybe the meaning should be reworked overall. I
mean: usually specifying some "-v" flag to a command will execute it
anyway but in a verbose style. Right now it's like "-w v " is a
"dryrun" flag in some way.

-`qsub` and `qrsub` should have the same options for flags to "-w".

- an option "submit if ok" but "output error listing if not ok" is
missing. This is not like "-w w", which will also submit a wrong job
but just informs you about it.us