[gridengine users] accounting file rotation?

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Wed May 25 20:15:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011 at 15:23 -0000, Gary_Smith at vrtx.com wrote:

> This may have been answered before but I can't find it anywhere  in
> the man pages.

Discussed here on May 6 of this year.

> How does one rotate the accounting file?  I just notice ours is now
> over 1.3GB in size.  Would be nice to be able to roll it over to
> separate files on a quarterly basis or something.

Best suggestion (in my opinion):

    http://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/howto/rotatelogs.html#logrotate

Be sure to also look for 'reporting' and 'messages' files which may be
growing without end.

Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone