[gridengine users] CPU = WALLCLOCK time in the share tree policy ?

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 27 13:53:07 UTC 2011

On 26 May 2011 08:54, Mark Dixon <m.c.dixon at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2011, William Hay wrote:
>> It is my experience that Mark is usually right:)
>>
>> William
>
> I think you're rewriting history... I recall that you've won more than
> your fair share of our technical arguments.
Even if your recollection is correct winning arguments has only a weak
correlation to being right.
You are ignoring the cases where we agree without argument.

> Mark
>
> PS Can I tweak the scheduler to fix that?
> --
Well the losing side in an argument normally does a lot more thrashing
around looking for counterarguments.
Possibly you could route my arguments to an overloaded node to
simulate that but I don't think you need to.

William