[gridengine users] FW: How to edit batch file of running job

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Mon May 30 05:18:41 UTC 2011

Hi Jeff,

Nice to see you on the list again!

I think in most cases, the script is mapped into memory, rather than
read by the interpreter a few bytes each time a statement executes, so
most likely changing the script has zero effect. But sometimes it can
cause the job to fail, it all depends on how it is submitted and how
the "shebangs" interpreter handles the script.

Rayson