[gridengine users] Any way to limit "qsub -sync y" jobs per user?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 31 15:53:25 UTC 2011

Am 31.05.2011 um 17:22 schrieb Patterson, Ron (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]:

> Is there any way to limit the number of jobs using "-sync y" allowed
> per user? I know I can limit the total number of client connections
> allowed, and I can limit the total number of jobs by a group of
> users. I want to cap the number of synchronous jobs per user, and
> total by cluster because too many running at once has a negative
> impact on qmaster.

You can use a JSV to request a consumable complex when you notice the
"-sync y" option (or users are fair and do it on their own already).
The complex is defined on a global (`qconf -me global`) level as
999999 or alike, i.e. unlimited. Then you can use any RQS you like for
users and in total by a second separate RQS.