[gridengine users] error with qsub -sync y

Dobbie, Brad Brad.Dobbie at caviumnetworks.com
Wed Nov 2 16:02:54 UTC 2011

An update on this thread.

It looks like Univa has identified the issue and a fix for the error.

I noticed these comments in the Son Of Gridengine v8.0.0c Release Notes:
  * Increase default MAX_DYN_EC qmaster param [U]
  * Fix qsub -sync y error message and enforce MAX_DYN_EC correctly [U]

I've found some related commits in the github repo.
  * https://github.com/gridengine/gridengine/commit/b449607972614e4608272d8c0fc6f109d35fbecc
  * https://github.com/gridengine/gridengine/commit/a47c32f965111554ec076db1526a6ad62c5bdae5

Anyways, I think a solution might be to increase the MAX_DYN_EC parameter to 1000.  I'm going to give that a try in our cluster.

Thanks,
Brad Dobbie