[gridengine users] SoGE 8 with windows professional execution hosts and cygwin

Rayson Ho rayson at scalablelogic.com
Sun Nov 13 17:59:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Philippe Dreuw
<philippe.dreuw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2) Is there any chance to run this configuration, e.g. compile
> gridengine on a windows XP pro system with SFU, but use it mainly with
> windows xp/7 pro execution hosts running cygwin?

SFU and Cygwin are 2 different Windows sub-systems, and thus programs
written or compiled for one won't work under the other sub-system.

(SFU/Windows Services for UNIX uses the POSIX subsystem, while Cygwin
uses the WIN32 subsystem.)

Last time I tried, there were some minor code changes needed to get
Grid Engine 6.2u5 compiled under Cygwin... I didn't do anything Cygwin
specific for Open Grid Scheduler, and I am not sure if Dave did
anything specific for Cygwin.

Rayson