[gridengine users] [SGE-discuss] SGE 8.0.0x windows execution hosts with cygwin

Rayson Ho rayson at scalablelogic.com
Tue Nov 15 22:32:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Philippe Dreuw
<philippe.dreuw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I just finished the Cygwin port from where I left off. I got
>> everything except authuser, qmon, qmake compiled & linked.
>
> more than I currently achieve

I will need your help in testing the Cygwin port - I just couldn't
configure my Windows machine to resolve its own hostname!!

Also, I am not sure if qmake, qtcsh can be easily ported to Cygwin. I
didn't try because I don't have autotools installed in the
Windows/Cygwin environment.

>> Philippe, if you can wait for a few more days, I will clean up my
>> Cygwin changes and release them (and see if Dave is interested in
>> getting some of those into his fork). I will see if we can get the
>> native porting effort going soon.
>
> that would be great

BTW, I was referring to the Cygwin port when I was talking about
releasing patches.

The native Windows port is a bit more complex but technically very
feasible. If you know WIN32 programming and want to help, just let me
know.

Rayson