[gridengine users] [SGE-discuss] SGE 8.0.0x windows execution hosts with cygwin

Philippe Dreuw philippe.dreuw at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:02:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Rayson Ho <rayson at scalablelogic.com> wrote:
> Philippe,
>
> The Cygwin port is now in svn. Note that the changes are not tested,
> and I will need to change a few minor things (eg. need to free memory
> dynamically allocated by Cygwin). However, it is good enough if you
> want to give SGE under Cygwin a try (ie. help me test the port!).
>
> http://gridscheduler.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gridscheduler?revision=84&view=revision
>

> You will need to check out from trunk:
>
> % svn co https://gridscheduler.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gridscheduler/trunk
>

> And compile with:
>
> % ./aimk -no-java -no-jni -spool-classic -no-hwloc -no-secure -no-qmon
> -no-remote -no-qmake -no-qtcsh
>

> When you hit compile error in authuser, execute:
>
> % touch CYGWIN_X86/authuser.o
> % touch CYGWIN_X86/authuser
>
> (And then continue with aimk.)

Thanks a lot! I could reproduce everything on my windows 7 64bit
machine with cygwin 1.7.9

> Finally, the install process will complain about missing executables,
> so you will need to use "touch" or other ways to trick it from
> complaining.

That's not clear to me, is that really necessary for a working system
o just to avoid the complains? "scripts/distinst -local -noexit
-allall cygwin-x86" seemed to work, except from the mentioned
complains.

Furthermore, I tried to run the "inst_sge" script but the
"dist/util/arch_variables" file is not yet adapted in the svn trunk
version. I will try to update that script and see what happens ...

--
Philippe Dreuw