[gridengine users] define h_vmem via RQS

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Nov 19 12:34:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am 19.11.2011 um 10:43 schrieb mahbube rustaee:

> h_vmem is defined as consumable resource such:
> h_vmem              h_vmem     MEMORY      <=    YES         YES        10G      0
> and I'd like to define that for any host with limit value,
> How can I define value for h_vmem parameter on any host without set config one by one?

Per job

The limits can be set on a queue level (for all hosts inside by the default value, per hostgroup or per machine) and will be enforced.

The RQS will only check against the request of the user from the job submission. If he doesn't request h_vmem, no limits will be in effect.

You could define the complex as FORCED to force the user to specify it at submission time. The request will be checked against the RQS and applied (as long as it's lower than the one in the queue configuration). So, if it's FORCED, it's not necessary to specify it at a queue level, as the user request will override it there anyway.

Per exechost:

You need to give SGE something from which the h_vmem can be subtracted. I.e. it needs to be defined per exechost:

$ qconf -se node01
complex_values h_vmem=999G

You can set here an arbitrary value, as long as the RQS reflects the real one. The other option would be to specify slots and h_vmem directly according to the built in cores and memory. But it's usually a one time limit across each machine:

$ for NODE in $(seq -w 1 20); do qconf -mattr exechost complex_values h_vmem=50G node$NODE; done

It's a matter whether you like the output to be in `qquota`, or would like to have these limits applied and use the `qquopta` output only for user/groups/usage limits.

-- Reuti