[gridengine users] CFX tight integration

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 11:51:58 UTC 2011

Are there any instructions for getting CFX working under tight
integration?  It appears to work OK loosely integrated but it doesn't
appear to work under our existing integrations.  If we use an rsh
resembling wrapper around qrsh I get the following output:

+ cfx5solve -max-elapsed-time '14 [min]' -def EYEball2.def
-start-method 'HP MPI Distributed Parallel' -par-dist
'usertest08*4,usertest07*4'
An error has occurred in cfx5solve:

Unable to determine type of remote host usertest07 as no data was returned.

An error has occurred in cfx5solve:

Remote connection to usertest07 exited with return code 129. Check that you
have typed the hostname correctly, that you have an account "ccaawih" on
the specified host with permission to rsh from this host, and that
(particularly for Windows hosts) it is running an rsh daemon.  You can use
the following command to check the connection to a UNIX machine:

  rsh usertest07 uname

or the following command if it is a Windows machine:

  rsh usertest07 cmd /c echo working

An error has occurred in cfx5solve:

The architecture string for host usertest07 could not be determined.

Googling around suggests people have had CFX run under tight
integration but I can't find any documentation as to how.

When I have the wrapper report what it is doing it looks like
cfx5solve is calling  the wrapper with
<host> -n echo TRUE as arguments.

The commands it suggests work with the wrapper.

William