[gridengine users] how mem accounting works

mahbube rustaee rustaee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 04:34:50 UTC 2011

thanks Rason for your time.
1) I studied "man accounting" and mem is "integral memory usage in cpu
seconds".
I wanted to check this integral:
 I write a simple c++ program that print cpu time for itselsf,I submited
this serial job, then get mem accounting parameter.
Then, I ran that program via CLI .when program is running ,pmap command
show all memory for that.
I multiplied memory usage(output of pmap) with cpu time(printed via
program) and I didn't get around mem accounting in sge. why ?

2) I want to verify "how this integral is gotten" ?
3) what about maxvem?

thx so much