[gridengine users] Newbie question about user authentication in Execution Hosts

Ahmet A. Akin ahmetaa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:00:19 UTC 2011

Hello

We would like to use Open Grid Scheduler in our newly installed small
server group (Around 10 physical servers with Ubuntu Server 11.10). We only
created users in one single server and at this point we have NOT installed
a central authentication mechanism yet (NIS,  Ldap or such). We will use
this server as Master Host and an Execution Host. We would like to use
other servers as Execution Hosts. NFS is installed in all the servers to
access their disk space from the server where users are defined.

Our question is, for  Open Grid Scheduler to operate in this server group,
do we need to create users in all the nodes (probably using NIS or Ldap) ?
Otherwise we just want to allow our users logging in a single server and
send jobs from there.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am not an admin or expert on this issue,
so please bear with me.

Ahmet