[gridengine users] SGE + MPICH2 + /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Gowtham g at mtu.edu
Thu Sep 1 16:42:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Reuti wrote:

| So, all startup methods are set to builtin, this is perfect.
|
| Can you please check in the jobsscript by a:
|
| which mpiexec
|
| you are using? MPICH2 should detect the presence of SGE automatically.
|
| -- Reuti

john: pauli-users, pauli-admins
greg: pauli-users

On front end, as 'john' and 'greg', I get

[john at pauli ~]$ which mpiexec
/share/apps/mpich2/1.4/gcc/4.1.2/bin/mpiexec

[greg at pauli ~]$ which mpiexec
/share/apps/mpich2/1.4/gcc/4.1.2/bin/mpiexec

On compute node, as 'john', I get

[john at compute-0-0 ~]$ which mpiexec
/share/apps/mpich2/1.4/gcc/4.1.2/bin/mpiexec

On front end, as root, I get

[root at pauli ~]# which mpiexec
/opt/openmpi/bin/mpiexec

On compute node, as root I get

[root at compute-0-0 ~]# which mpiexec
/opt/openmpi/bin/mpiexec

| Am 01.09.2011 um 17:12 schrieb Gowtham:
|

| > On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Reuti wrote:
| >
| > | Am 01.09.2011 um 16:13 schrieb Gowtham:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > | Can you please post the complete output.
| > |
| > | Actually, the output on both machines must be the same, as the qmaster is contacted to deliver the value. But additonal configurations might exist for:
| > |
| > | qconf -sconfl
| > |
| > | like
| > |
> [...]
| > finished_jobs                100
| > gid_range                    20000-20100
| > qlogin_command               builtin
| > qlogin_daemon                builtin
| > rlogin_command               builtin
| > rlogin_daemon                builtin
| > rsh_command                  builtin
| > rsh_daemon                   builtin
| > max_aj_instances             2000
| > max_aj_tasks                 75000
| > max_u_jobs                   0
| > max_jobs                     0
| > max_advance_reservations     0
| > auto_user_oticket            0
| > auto_user_fshare             0
| > auto_user_default_project    none
| > auto_user_delete_time        86400
| > delegated_file_staging       false
| > reprioritize                 0
| > jsv_url                      none
| > jsv_allowed_mod              ac,h,i,e,o,j,M,N,p,w
| >
| > [root at compute-0-0 ~]#
| >
| > [root at compute-0-1 ~]# qconf -sconf
| > #global:
| > execd_spool_dir              /opt/gridengine/default/spool
| > mailer                       /share/apps/sbin/mailwrapper.sh
| > xterm                        /usr/bin/X11/xterm
| > load_sensor                  none
| > prolog                       none
| > epilog                       none
| > shell_start_mode             posix_compliant
| > login_shells                 sh,ksh,csh,tcsh
| > min_uid                      0
| > min_gid                      0
| > user_lists                   none
| > xuser_lists                  none
| > projects                     none
| > xprojects                    none
| > enforce_project              false
| > enforce_user                 auto
| > load_report_time             00:00:40
| > max_unheard                  00:05:00
| > reschedule_unknown           00:00:00
| > loglevel                     log_warning
| > administrator_mail           none
| > set_token_cmd                none
| > pag_cmd                      none
| > token_extend_time            none
| > shepherd_cmd                 none
| > qmaster_params               none
| > execd_params                 none
| > reporting_params             accounting=true reporting=true
| > \
| >                             flush_time=00:00:15 joblog=true
| > sharelog=00:00:00
| > finished_jobs                100
| > gid_range                    20000-20100
| > qlogin_command               builtin
| > qlogin_daemon                builtin
| > rlogin_command               builtin
| > rlogin_daemon                builtin
| > rsh_command                  builtin
| > rsh_daemon                   builtin
| > max_aj_instances             2000
| > max_aj_tasks                 75000
| > max_u_jobs                   0
| > max_jobs                     0
| > max_advance_reservations     0
| > auto_user_oticket            0
| > auto_user_fshare             0
| > auto_user_default_project    none
| > auto_user_delete_time        86400
| > delegated_file_staging       false
| > reprioritize                 0
| > jsv_url                      none
| > jsv_allowed_mod              ac,h,i,e,o,j,M,N,p,w

| > |