[gridengine users] Which Grid Engine?

Fritz Ferstl fferstl at univa.com
Thu Sep 8 10:24:55 UTC 2011

I certainly didn't say Grid Engine is buggy, at least not in comparison.
But there are bugs, and tough ones on top. A lot has been fixed for u5
and then 80 more for Univa Grid Engine 8.0.0. There are still bugs, of
course, or performance restricting issues. An if you run a production
environment on which your users depend then having not only a number to
call but also the deep-level experts behind that number does not sound
like such a bad idea, if you ask me.

You also may forgive me if I point out that the relative stability you
are experiencing is because of a certain group of people who stood
behind the product for all those years. So ...

Cheers,

Fritz