[gridengine users] Which Grid Engine?

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 08:42:57 UTC 2011

On 8 September 2011 15:56, Ron Chen <ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> P.S. thanks for bringing disclosing this William, or else we (as a community) wouldn't know what kind of FUD the open source world is facing.

I don't think Fritz was claiming that the open source versions were
massively buggier just that all the versions were buggy enough that
we'd be better off with a support contract.  He probably also has a
better idea than you or I about the viability of funding grid engine
development purely from support and consultancy revenues on a pure
FLOSS product.