[gridengine users] Dave Love's 6.2u5-7liv RPMs [was: some RPMs available]

Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz Kevin.Buckley at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Fri Sep 16 02:55:01 UTC 2011

Back in May (apologies, it's been a while since I've had time to catch
up with the list) Dave posted about creating some 6.2u5 RPMs.

I have just downloaded them,

gridengine-6.2u5-7liv.x86_64.rpm
gridengine-debuginfo-6.2u5-7liv.x86_64.rpm
gridengine-devel-6.2u5-7liv.x86_64.rpm
gridengine-execd-6.2u5-7liv.x86_64.rpm
gridengine-qmaster-6.2u5-7liv.x86_64.rpm
gridengine-qmon-6.2u5-7liv.x86_64.rpm

but wanted to ask one thing:

If qmon is split off as a seperate package, why is there the
dependency on

libXm.so.4()(64bit)

in the "common" RPM ?

I am aware, having done so myself, that if you build your SGE
without qmon and then create an RPM package that just pulls
in the files, you do not get the rpmbuild process trying to
pull in all manner of extraeneous GUI guff.

I will having a go at building from Dave's SRPM but in case
someone already knows that it's impossible to split out qmon
and any X dependencies whilst still allowing for a modular,
in the RPM sense, qmon, thought I might post and ask.