[gridengine users] Kicking off servers via Grid Engine

Earl Lazarus earl.lazarus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:14:12 UTC 2012

Is "prologue script" a Grid Engine concept?  What I am doing right now is
running a script that submits jobs to SGE to set up a list of environment
servers on a list of hosts.  Each job sets up one environment on one
host...these jobs occupy a slot unfortunately and limit the number of
simulations I can run on each host.  In fact if the number of environments
running equals the number of slots/CPUs, then I cannot run ANY
simulations.  How does a "prologe script" get around this?