[gridengine users] Univa ad in HPC Wire weekly update

Rayson Ho rayson at scalablelogic.com
Thu Apr 12 18:58:01 UTC 2012

Thanks Prentice! I haven't visited Univa's website for a long time,
and it is good to see that there are new features in UGE 8.1.

PostgreSQL spooling sounds good, but *just IMO* Berkeley DB should be
faster in most cases (and in GE 2011.11 we removed the need for NFSv4,
so open source Grid Engine released by the Open Grid Scheduler project
won't be moving to PostgreSQL unless it is proven to show performance
or other benefits). Nevertheless, "Job Classes" & "Resource maps" look
interesting.

Rayson