[gridengine users] New user and new install

Rayson Ho rayson at scalablelogic.com
Fri Apr 13 15:30:29 UTC 2012

The source tarball includes the Java installer code, but I compiled
the distribution with aimk -no-gui-inst (ie. I did not build the Java
installer).

Most people use the command line (I am from the stone... I mean DOS
age!), so we don't even use the qmon GUI very often. However, I will
try to include the Java Installer in the binary package in future
releases.

Note that our goal is to retire the Java Installer, as not every
machine has Java installed, esp. Cygwin/Windows machines which usually
don't have the Java runtime installed by default.

Rayson