[gridengine users] "Admin user 'none' does not exist on this host"

Rayson Ho rayson at scalablelogic.com
Wed Apr 25 18:13:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM,  <felix at rabinovich.org> wrote:
> However, if I uncheck "Qmaster host" in the list of components to install,
> Main configuration *doesn't* have have admin user field - only Grid Engine
> root directory and Cell name fields.

And it should not allow you to enter a new admin user - the
"admin_user" is cluster wide and is set during qmaster installation
time, and is written to the $SGE_ROOT/default/common/bootstrap file
(or $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/bootstrap if you are not using the
default cell name).

I'm currently busy with other things, but as a quick check, can you
log onto the remote machine, run the GUI installer, and see if you
still get the same issue?? Also, is $SGE_ROOT on NFS??

BTW, I just tried to reproduce the problem locally on 1 machine and it
seemed to work fine.

Rayson