[gridengine users] "Admin user 'none' does not exist on this host"

felix at rabinovich.org felix at rabinovich.org
Wed Apr 25 20:04:52 UTC 2012

Thank you for this very helpful info! For some reason
$SGE_ROOT/default/common/bootstrap had a line

admin_user none

In any
event, when I changed bootstrap line to

admin_user root

I was able
to proceed

So, apparently there was something funny when I was
installing Qmaster on the first server. I would like to "uninstall" and
reinstall it once more (since I will have to do it in different
infrastructure, anyway - and I'd rather have higher confidence that I am
doing all steps correctly)... but I am not sure what "uninstall"
entails. "chkconfig off" and delete $SGE_ROOT/default/ directory?
Anyway, haven't looked in the docs for uninstall steps. Hopefully, I'll
find something relevant there.

Thanks
Felix

On 25.04.2012 11:13,
Rayson Ho wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM, wrote:

However, if I uncheck "Qmaster host" in the list of components to
install, Main configuration *doesn't* have have admin user field - only
Grid Engine root directory and Cell name fields.

> And it should not
allow you to enter a new admin user - the
> "admin_user" is cluster wide
and is set during qmaster installation
> time, and is written to the
$SGE_ROOT/default/common/bootstrap file
> (or
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/bootstrap if you are not using the
> default
cell name).

> I'm currently busy with other things, but as a quick
check, can you
> log onto the remote machine, run the GUI installer, and
see if you
> still get the same issue?? Also, is $SGE_ROOT on NFS??

BTW, I just tried to reproduce the problem locally on 1 machine and it

seemed to work fine.

> Rayson
>
>> Therefore, it seems, admin name
is "none" - but I don't see a way to work around it... Thanks Felix On
25.04.2012 10:12, Reuti wrote: The admin user is not the user you use
for connecting. Did you also specify "root" as the local admin user in
the beginning of the setup "Main configuration" (it takes the owner of
the installation directory by default)? -- Reuti Am 25.04.2012 um 18:49
schrieb felix at rabinovich.org: [1] I am trying to install execution and
submit hosts on remote machines. I set up passwordless root access, so
now remote machines are reachable. However, when I click "Install"
button, I am getting "Admin user missing" warning with the details
"Admin user 'none' does not exist on this host" Documentation advises to
"Setup the host properly so that name service provides the name properly
to the remote machine (or create the user locally)." I wish it told me
where to do that, and why the installer thinks that admin user is 'none'
rather than root. If I right-click on the line with remote host, and
then choose configure - Connect user is 'root', not 'none' Any
suggestions? Thanks Felix
[5]

Links:
------